- Disbelief from our doctors
- Suspicion of U.S. Lyme labs
- Lack of support from family members who do not understand the issue and who have not walked in our shoes
- Fearmongering about long-term antibiotics
- Denial of insurance because your illness is not recognized
And the list goes on.
Be careful what you search for on the internet. You will find a lot of negative things there. Search for the stories with the happy endings, and believe that that could be YOU!
One of the first stories that gave me hope was the story of Michelle Backes who made a YouTube video about her struggle with and recovery from Lyme disease. It really helped me to carry on and understand that there was a real possibility that I could recover! You can watch it below.
Thank you, Michelle.