Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Western Blot

I just finished adding a new permanent page to my blog called How to Interpret Your Blood Work.  I've been wanting to write about this for a while, and just now had the time to put my thoughts down.  I feel like I'm back in school doing a research paper!  You sure learn a lot of new things when you have Lyme disease.  It's interesting, but at the same time, I wish I didn't have to be my own doctor, researcher, advocate, etc., etc.  Sigh.

When my IGeneX Western Blot blood test results were sent to my family doctor, she gave them to me and I was unable to make heads or tails of the information.  I searched through the pages, and found the word POSITIVE!  But I really knew nothing about what that all entailed.

I proceeded to do much research to learn about the Western Blot - how to interpret it, the controversy, the history, etc.  What I've written is a summary of my findings and understanding of the topic.  I hope you will find it helpful.

I have written this for informational purposes only.  It is not a substitute for having your test results evaluated by a Lyme-literate medical doctor.