Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Yolanda Foster.....inspiring

Well you learn something new every day!  I discovered this video today on one of the Lyme sites that I've "liked" on Facebook.  It's of Yolanda Foster giving a very emotional and inspiring speech at the Lyme Research Alliance Gala recently.

Perhaps you've heard.....Yolanda has Lyme disease.  I had never heard of her before as I have never watched the reality TV show she is involved in, The Real Housewives of Beverley Hills.  But I have just discovered who she is married to!  David Foster!  Yup.....our own Canadian music man. 

Yolanda's speech brought tears to my eyes.  (And I'm not typically a crier!)  But it really hit close to home.  As I listened to her experience, it brought back the memories of when I fell ill.  My story was so similar to hers......the fatigue, the brain fog, the clueless doctors. 

If you have Lyme disease, you will really empathize with Yolanda.  If you don't have Lyme, what I hope you will take away from her speech is the seriousness of this illness and the need to protect yourself from tick bites (and mosquitoes and black flies).

Lyme is everywhere.  It discriminates not.  No one is immune.