Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Friday, June 01, 2012

Dr. Joseph Burrascano

I am comforted by the fact that my health is being looked after by an LLMD such as the one shown here.  This is Dr. Joseph Burrasacno, a leading authority in Lyme disease treatment.  He gave a lecture recently at Western CT State University, on May 22, 2012.  He covers a lot of the "old" info that we are aware of, but talks about some new testing that sounds hopeful for detecting Borrelia much better.

I'm hopeful that it will just be a matter of time before all of this "intelligence" makes its way into the mainstream medical community and ultimately into the daily practice of physicians.  Members of ILADS just have to keep chipping away at the outdated IDSA guidelines with this new information.  The video and sound are of poor quality in this video, but still well worth the time to watch it.

                                                        Dr. Joseph Burrascano