Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Elizabeth May Tables Lyme Bill

Well it finally happened TODAY!  Elizabeth May, Green Party leader, tabled a private member's bill to develop a national strategy for Lyme disease.  I'm ecstatic, and even a little teary.  I can hardly believe this day is here, finally.  It is 40 years since the first diagnosed cases of Lyme disease, in Lyme, Connecticut.  It has taken THIS long for people to finally come to the realization that this is a health crisis.  So many people are suffering, needlessly, due to lack of education and understanding.  I'm not going to even go into the whole political mess of Lyme disease - the corruption, the conflicts of interest, the insurance companies.  I'm just going to enjoy my evening and breathe a huge sigh of relief, knowing that someone in a position of power has finally gotten the ball rolling on this.  Praise the Lord!