Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How LONG will it take?

As I scan the internet, I come across more and more stories of Canadians in the same boat as me - people with debilitating symptoms, with a negative Canadian ELISA, with a positive U.S. Western Blot, with doctors unable to put the puzzle together, with a health care system unwilling to recognize the illness DESPITE so much clinical proof.  Thousands of people suffering.  How long will it take for the government and medical bodies to recognize this?

The following video is of Christine Heffer from Corunna, Ontario, whose Lyme struggle has prompted Sarnia MPP Bob Bailey to put forth a private member's bill in the Ontario Legislature.  If you would like to help the Lyme cause, you could print off a copy of the petition here, have people sign it, and send the original to Bob Bailey whose address is on the petition.  I'm in the process of doing this right now.



The next 3 videos are of individuals affected by Lyme, speaking at a press conference in 2008.  Yes.....2008.  What's been going ON in the past 4 years?  What sort of proof is needed to get things moving?  Sadly, the Canadian physician who greatly helped those 3 individuals to resume a normal life, has been forced into retirement due to pressure from the medical authorities. 







Just what is going on here?  How LONG will it take?