Welcome to my blog! This is a place of information and hope for fellow Canadians who are suffering from Lyme disease. I want to share with you the knowledge I have gained during my fight with this debilitating, frightening, and misunderstood illness. I hope you will be blessed.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

My dream

I had a dream last night that my LLMD (Lyme-literate medical doctor) was retiring.  I was panicked, wondering where I would get help!  I then determined that I'd have to get back on the waiting list for the other LLMD I saw who is 10 hours away. 

Why am I telling you this?  I guess I just want to express that Lyme is always with you, in the waking hours, and in sleep.  It becomes a part of your existence, in your conscious and your subconscious, not unlike other chronic illnesses.  I know I'm not special in that regard.  Sickness is sickness. 

But there are so many reminders of your Lyme each day:  the symptoms you still feel that come and go, the fatigue in your body, the decisions you need to make about what tasks you will accomplish with your limited energy today, the medications and supplements you need to take at specific times, the food choices you are making every time you eat, the concern about where to get medical help, the concern about how you are going to pay for that help as well as the medications and supplements, the frustration from others not believing or supporting you.

It's always there.